- 3 pounds of mussels
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons of prepared fresh pesto sauce
- Add the pesto and wine to a large, deep pan. Heat them over medium heat until they begin to simmer.
- Add the mussels and cover until they have steamed open—about five minutes.
- A great way to make this dish more luxurious would be to add just a hint of cream, or, instead, add a selection of halved colorful summer tiny tomatoes (they look like heirloom cherries) to a tablespoon of hot oil before adding the wine and pesto to the pan. Their skin will crackle, and they will erupt a bit, mingling their sweetness and sun-burst texture with the sauce.
Grilled Garlic Peasant Bread Ingredients
- ½ round of peasant bread
- Olive oil for drizzling 2-4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- Course salt
Grilled Garlic Peasant Bread Procedure
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Cut the bread into thick slices, and then cut them in half again.
- Char the bread lightly on the grill, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Rub the hot bread with the cut end of a garlic clove. The garlic will melt into the bread…move onto the next clove as it dissolves away.
- Finish the grilled garlic bread with a light drizzling of golden olive oil and a sprinkling of course salt.
print this recipe