- 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 3 leaves of fresh sage, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup of dry red wine
- ¼ cup of pomegranate juice
- Heat the butter and oil in the pan, and add the shallots, mushrooms, thyme (right on the branch), and the sage. Do not season the mushrooms until they get good color on them.
- When they are nicely caramelized on medium to medium-high heat, add the salt, pepper, wine, and juice, and lower the heat to medium-low. Allow the liquid to thicken, and serve.
print this recipe