Pain au Chocolat Bread Pudding
- 6 croissants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/3 cups of cream
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer. Beat in the sugar until it is incorporated.
- Add the milk and cream, the vanilla and the cinnamon. Beat to combine.
- Drop the croissant cubes and chocolate chips into the custard, and allow it to sit for a bit to ensure that the croissants drink up the liquid.
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and tumble the custard-soaked cubes and chocolate into it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When it comes to temperature, bake the pudding for 45 minutes, until the top is puffed and crisp.
- Scoop out a warm mound onto a plate and top with powdered sugar.
print this recipe