yields 10 to 12 crêpes
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, plus 1 teaspoon, melted and cooled
- Put all the ingredients in the blender, and whirl them around until just combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides once to make sure everything is completely incorporated.
- Let the batter rest for 1 hour. Take this advice!
- Put a small, nonstick pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Ladle in a shy ¼ cup of batter, and, off the heat, quickly swirl it around the pan so it thinly coats the surface.
- Return the pan to the heat. The crepe is ready to flip when it naturally begins to slide around the pan when you shake it. Flip it in the air if you can…if not use a crepe spatula. When the crepe slides out, it is ready. Stack the crepes between pieces of parchment paper. Repeat until the batter is used up.