- 1 ball of bought pizza dough, enough “for a 12-inch pie”
- ¾ cup of marinara sauce
- 10-12 ounces of fresh mozzarella, patted dry, and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces of fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 16 opal or purple basil leaves
- 9 Niçoise olives
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough into a 15-inch round, using bench flour as needed. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the sauce into the center of the dough, and spread outward, leaving a 1-inch border as crust.
- Arrange the mozzarella slices all over the pizza.
- Roll the goat cheese so that the outside is coated in herbes de provence. Slice into thin discs, and arrange in the gaps in the mozzarella.
- Arrange the basil leaves in 2 concentric circles around the pizza. Stud with the olives, placing 3 at the center.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil all over the pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning it up to broil for the 16th.
print this recipe