Get the whole story at Serious Eats.
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, cut into a very small dice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (almost 1 whole lemon)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 40 chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fromage blanc
- 1 5-ounce bag of gourmet potato chips (recommended: Terra Potpourri)
- Poppy seeds, as an optional garnish
Combined the salmon, shallot, olive oil, mustard, capers, lemon zest and juice, and pepper in a small bowl.
In another small bowl, combine the fromage blanc, parsley, and chives.
Arrange the chips on a platter, and spoon a small amount of herbed fromage blanc on each chip. Arrange a small amount of smoked salmon tartare on top, and serve with, if you like, a touch of poppy seeds sprinkled on top.
print this recipe