Spaghetti With Pistachio Pistou, Fava Beans, And Mint
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 1 clove of garlic
- The leaves from 3 or 4 sprigs of mint, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups shelled toasted unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan, plus extra to top the pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup shelled blanched fava beans
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente in a large pot of well salted, vigorously boiling water.
- Meanwhile, make the pistou by smashing together the garlic, mint, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
- Add in the Parmesan and butter, and pulse until combined.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
- Toss the pasta with the pistou and the fava beans, moistening as necessary with the reserved cooking water. Top with sliced mint leaves, extra chopped pistachios, and Parmesan.
print this recipe