Strawberries with Champagne Sabayon
- 4 Eggland’s Best egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons champagne
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks, sugar, and salt with a hand mixer for about 1 minute, until the mixture becomes pale yellow.
- Set the mixture in its bowl over a pot of simmering water, careful that only the steam and not the water itself makes contact with the bowl. Continue mixing with the hand mixer for 4 minutes. The mixture should double in volume.
- Add the champagne, and mix another 2 minutes. Spoon over the berries.
print this recipe