Moroccan Carrot Salad
serves 4 to 6
- 10 medium carrots, stripped into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted for 20 seconds in a hot dry pan
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro to taste
- Use a Y-peeler to strip an already peeled and trimmed carrot again and again into thin ribbons.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and salt it. Blanch the carrots ribbons for 45 seconds, then drain, and set aside.
- Quickly whiz together the cumin vinaigrette by combining the cumin seeds, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper in the blender. Blend until the dressing emulsifies and the cumin seeds are broken up into shards.
- Toss the warm, dry carrots ribbons lightly with as much vinaigrette as needed. Place in whole cilantro leaves to taste.
print this recipe