Lavender Apricot Chicken Drumsticks
serves 4 to 6
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 10 drumsticks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Dried edible lavender blossoms
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the chicken with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place a Silpat over a baking sheet with a lip, and lay the chicken out on the baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, the chicken should be golden. If it needs help, broil them for a few minutes to get the skin crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, wiz together the apricot preserves and the tablespoon of boiling water.
- After 30 minutes, if you have not already turned on your broiler, do so. Brush the chicken with half the apricot glaze, and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes, until the glaze starts to bubble and turn golden brown. Then, turn the chicken over, glaze the other side, and broil until that side is bubbly and golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and pile the legs up on a platter. Sprinkle with lavender to taste.
print this recipe