Sorrel Shrimp Rissoles with Artichoke Aïoli
- 12 8-12 count shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 12 sorrel leaves
- 12 sheets filo dough
- Olive oil
- Vegetable oil
Ingredients for the Artichoke Aïoli
- 1 clove garlic
- 4.5 ounces thawed frozen artichoke hearts (1/2 packet)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Zest and juice ¼ lemon
Procedure for the Shrimp Rissoles
- Fill a cast iron skillet halfway up with vegetable oil. Bring to 330 degrees F.
- You will make 4 stacks of filo, 3 sheets thick. Lay down 2 sheets of filo, brush thoroughly with olive oil, and place the final sheet on top. Cut into 3 equal strips. Then season the shrimp with salt. Place a shrimp on the edge of 1 strip of filo dough, leaving a slight border. Place the sorrel leaf on the shrimp, and then wrap in the dough, tucking in corners as you go. Repeat for all 12 shrimp.
- Fry the shrimp in 3 batches, 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel, and sprinkle with salt.
Procedure for the Artichoke Aïoli
- Pulse the garlic in a mini food processor until it is smashed to smithereens. Then, add in the artichoke hearts, and pulse to rubble. Add the mayonnaise and lemon zest and juice, and some salt. The pulse to a chunky paste.
print this recipe