Rosemary Lamb Brochettes with Apricot Crème Fraîche
serves 2 to 3
- 1 pound lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sticks of rosemary
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill pan on high heat.
- Prepare the rosemary skewers by stripping off about 1/2 to 3/4 of the leaves off of each twig, so that you have an exposed "skewer" with a beautiful head of rosemary leaves. Chop up the stripped off rosemary leaves to flavor the lamb.
- Toss the lamb with the olive oil, some of the chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper. Skewer onto the rosemary sticks.
- Sear on all four sides, until just golden and crusted—1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by whisking together the crème fraîche and preserves.
- Serve the skewers hot off the grill with the sauce.
print this recipe