Honey Dijon Chicken Drummettes
- 1 1/3 pounds chicken drummettes (about 10)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Vegetable oil
- Heat a cast iron pot half full with vegetable oil to 325°F and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels, and fry it in the hot oil for about 7 minutes, turning the drummettes over once. Remove to a paper towel to drain, and season with sea salt.
- While the chicken is frying, making the sauce by melting the butter in a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Then add the honey and two mustards, and heat through, so the honey is thoroughly runny and melted.
- Place the sauce in a large bowl, and add the drummettes. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Arrange the chicken on a Silpat- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon any extra sauce over the top, and bake for 10 minutes. You can easily double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd.
print this recipe