- 1 pound mussels, on the half shell
- 3/4 cup baguette crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pernod, Pastis, or similar
- 1 tablespoon fennel fronds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Preheat the broiler of your oven.
In a bowl, rub together the crumbs, butter, Pastis, fennel fronds, parsley, and garlic—and salt and pepper.
Lay the mussels out on a layer of rock salt on a baking sheet. Divide the topping among them. Broil for 10 minutes, and serve hot.