- 2 6-ounce filets of Chilean sea bass
- 1/2 cup Pernod
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fennel fronds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Preheat your broiler.
In a small saucepan, boil the Pastis, water, and sugar together until the sugar melts and the mixture is translucent. Leave aside to cool and thicken.
Pat the fish dry and season with salt and pepper. Rub the underside and sides of the filet, but not the top, or the glaze will slide off, with a touch of olive oil. Place the fish on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment. Spoon the glaze over the top of the fish, painting it all over the surface. It will run off a bit, so just paint more on top of it.
print this recipe