Brie and Brown Sugar Tartines
- 4 1-inch-thick slices rustic white round bread, like boule
- Unsalted butter for the bread, room temperature
- 1/2 pound brie, sliced
- 4 to 6 teaspoons light brown sugar, or to taste
- Preheat your broiler.
- Spread the slices of bread lightly with butter on both sides. Place the bread on a baking sheet, and slide under the boiler, just one or two minutes per side, or until the bread is lightly toasted and slightly crunchy on both sides.
- Remove the bread from the oven, leaving them on the baking sheet. Divide the brie slices over the four slices of bread, and then top with the sugar.
- Use a crème brûlée torch to melt the brie and caramelize the sugar. Serve immediately, with some walnuts and grapes on the side.
print this recipe