serves 4 to 6
- 3/4 pound broccoli florets
- 1 pound penne
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 10.5 ounces chevre, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to bowl, and salt it liberally. Blanch the broccoli until bright green and just tender to the knife, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the broccoli, and set aside, reserving the water in the pot. Cook the penne until al dente. Reserve at least 1 cup of the cooking water before draining.
- Heat the garlic oil on medium heat, and add the shallots. Sauté lightly for 2 minutes, and add the zucchini. Sauté for 4 minutes, and add the peas. Sauté for 2 for minutes, and then decant the vegetables into a large bowl.
- Lift the penne out of the water and into the bowl with the veggies. Add the fresh chèvre and Parmesan. Add as much pasta water as you need to turn the chèvre into a cream sauce. Top with the chopped parsley.
print this recipe