- 6 jumbo shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice (from 3 key limes)
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 4 small corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded green cabbage to taste
Preheat a grill pan on high, and the oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss the shrimp with the garlic, lime juice, and light olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
Wrap the tortillas in foil, and warm in the oven.
Meanwhile, make the salsa and crema.
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice (3 key limes)
- 1/4 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 scallion, finely sliced
- 1/2 avocado, finely diced
- 1/4 mango, finely diced
- Salt to taste
Combine all the salsa ingredients, and allow to sit for a few minutes while you make the crema.
- Juice of 3 key limes (1 tablespoon)
- Zest of 3 key limes
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
Whisk together all the crema ingredients.
Assemble the Tacos
Nestle the shrimp, shredded cabbage, salsa, and sour cream, to your taste, in the warm tortillas. Eat right away.
print this recipe