Galette is what I like to call pie for dummies (like me). The crust is folded free-form around a nest of sweet summer blueberries. Too easy to be so good.
- 1 250-g short crust, rolled into a round
- 1/4-inch thick
- 400 grams blueberries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Milk for washing the crust
- Stir the blueberries together with the sugar and pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
- Roll out the dough, and place it on a baking sheet.
- Add the flour to the blueberries, and thoroughly mix.
- Mound the blueberries in the center of the dough, and fold up the edges to make a sort of open-centered pie.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the exposed crust with milk.
- Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. The crust should be golden, and the blueberries bubbling.
print this recipe