I would never give you a seasonal menu without dessert! Peaches and raspberries are best in July. Served with ice cream, this dish is both traditional and iconic, as well as peak-season.
- 4 peaches, cut in half
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ lemon
- (optional: vanilla bean)
- 170 g raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine the water, sugar, and lemon juice (and the optional vanilla bean) in a sauté pan, and simmer until the sugar has dissolves.
- Add the peaches to the simmering liquid, and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, depending on how ripe the peaches are.
- Set the peaches aside to cool enough to remove their skins and stones.
- Combine the raspberries with ¼ cup of the peach cooking syrup, and leave to sit, mashing it up very slightly.
- Serve with two peach halves, then a scoop or two of good vanilla ice cream, and the raspberry syrup on top.