This is a recipe I’ve been making for years! Combine a simple basil pistou with fresh bread crumbs, and pack it onto a rack of lamb. Roast for a glam, but easy and traditional, dinner party center piece.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large package of basil, stems torn off (about 80 g)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 500 g rack of lamb, Frenched
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Make the pesto by blitzing together the garlic, basil, pine nuts, and olive oil in the food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse the bread crumbs into the pesto to make a paste.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Place it on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil.
- Pack the pesto paste onto the lamb.
- Roast for about 30 minutes (63 degrees C)
*Note: the lamb in the above photo was made for someone who likes lamb well done, and was roasted for nearly 40 minutes.print this recipe