Get the whole story at Serious Eats.
Jambon-Wrapped Grilled Endive
serves 3 to 4
- 3 Belgian endive, halved longwise
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, for serving and grilling
- 3 ounces (6 slices) Jambon de Bayonne or Prosciutto
- Toasted walnut halves, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat a grill pan on medium.
- Drizzle each endive half lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap each half in one slice of ham.
- Grill the endive 5 minutes per side, until the endive starts to become tender and the ham crisp.
- Drizzle the warm endive with olive oil, and serve with walnut halves. Squeeze lemon wedges and serve right away.
print this recipe