Tilapia with Tarragon Pistou
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for searing the fish
- 2 1/2-lb fillets of boneless, skinless tilapia
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Lemon for serving
- In a food processor, obliterate the garlic. Add the tarragon and basil leaves, and pulse to break up. Add the walnuts, and season with salt and pepper. Pulse to a rubble. Stream in the olive oil with the machine running. You should have the texture of a pesto.
- Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season the tilapia filets on both sides with salt and pepper, and drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil into the hot pan. Sear the fish about 3 minutes on each side, until golden on the outside, and flaky.
- Serve the seared fish with a big scoop of tarragon pistou on top, with lemon wedges alongside.
print this recipe