Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with Chermoula
- 6 jumbo shrimp, shell on
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 scallions (whites and greens)
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Toss the shrimp with their shells on with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer, and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, until they have turned pink and have started to curl.
- While the shrimp are roasting, make the chermoula. Roughly chop the cilantro, parsley, garlic, scallion, and jalapeno. Pulse them in the food processor with the lemon juice, olive oil, spices, and salt and pepper to taste until about the consistency of a pesto.
print this recipe