- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4.125 ounces (about 3 links) of Spanish chorizo, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch half moons
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 pounds combined clams and mussels
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Heat the olive oil in a wide, high-sided pan over medium heat.
Add the chorzio, and sauté just until the paprika color begins to bleed into the olive oil, and the sausage just starts to become slightly crisp, about 4 minutes.
Add the onions and garlic and continue sautéing for another 5 to 7 minutes on medium-low, just until the onions are fragrant and translucent.
Add the clams and wine to the pot. Bring to a boil on high heat, then cover and simmer on low to medium-low heat for about 4 minutes.
Add the mussels and beans to the pot, and ensure the liquid is still simmering. Cover, and simmer until all the mussels and clams just have opened.
Toss with the fresh parsley, and serve immediately with crusty bread.
print this recipe