- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 ounces Spanish chorizo, cut into half moons
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and left in their skins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
Heat a wide, high-sided sauté pan on medium heat. Add the olive oil. Add the chorizo, and allow to become slightly crisp, just so the grease from the chorizo begins to bleed into the olive oil.
Add the potatoes, onions, and garlic, and brown all over to a golden crisp. The chorizo will continue to crisp as well. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken stock, and cook 15 minutes covered, and an additional 3 to 5 minutes uncovered to evaporate any excess stock, finishing the crisping process on the potatoes. The potatoes should be fork-tender, dry, and golden-crisp. Toss in the parsley, and serve right away.
print this recipe