- 1/3 cup ground blanched almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh chervil leaves (see note #1)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 butterflied, cleaned 1-pound trouts
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, combine the almonds, garlic, chervil, and thyme. Grind to a rubble, then add the olive oil and crème fraîche and pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the outside of the fish with extra virgin olive oil, and rub all over the fish. Season the inside and outside with salt and pepper.
4. Lie the fish skinside-down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Divide the almond mixture between the two fish, and smear all over the inside of the fish. Fold the fish back over itself, and secure with three strips of cooking twine.
5. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until the flesh of the fish is opaque and flaky, the skin slightly golden, and the stuffing bubbling and fragrant.
1. Feel free to replace chervil with flat leaf parsley.
print this recipe