Sweet Vanilla Quiche
- 1 (7-ounce) refrigerated pie crust
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups half and half
- 1 vanilla bean
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat the oven to 375°F. Unroll pie crust into 9-inch pie plate, tucking back edges of crust or crimping as desired.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until pale and frothy, about 2 minutes. Whisk in flour to combine. Whisk in half and half, and scrape in vanilla seeds, mixing to combine.
- Pour egg and half and half mixture into pie crust. Place pie plate on rimmed baking sheet, and bake until egg mixture is puffed and golden, about 55 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature, in slices.
print this recipe