- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 1 1/2-pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine sugar, espresso, black pepper, salt, and chili powder.
Rub steak all over with vegetable oil. Press spice mixture onto both sides of steak.
Sear 8 minutes on first side; 6 minutes on reverse. Tent with foil, and allow meat to rest 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain, and serve.
print this recipe