Easy Maple-Pumpkin Breakfast Soufflés
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, whisk together yolks, pumpkin, syrup, nutmeg, and pinch of salt until well combined.
- In large clean bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Transfer heaping spoonful of whipped egg whites to the yolk mixture. Stir vigorously to incorporate. Then, pour the yolk mixture gently into whites, and fold gently with rubber spatula until just incorporated.
- Pour soufflé batter into six 6-ounce ramekins on small rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven, and immediately reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake until puffed up and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately, with extra warm maple syrup on side.