Roasted Endive And Pear Salad With Arugula, Walnuts, And Roquefort
- 4 Belgian endive, quartered lengthwise
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and stemmed, cut into 8 pieces each
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for dressing the salad, to taste
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces Roquefort, cut in 4 slices
- Balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the endives and pears in a single layer on a parchment lined, rimmed baking sheet. Toss with salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the walnut halves on a small, rimmed baking tray and put in the oven with the endives and pears for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. When toasted, roughly chop the walnuts.
- Allow the endives and pears to slightly cool. Arrange on top of a bed of baby arugula. Top with walnuts and slices of Roquefort. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.
print this recipe