Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese log, cut into 4 1-inch medallions with a string of dental floss
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko
- 12 strawberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces baby spinach salad
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Bread the goat cheese medallions. Coat each round in egg, and then in panko. Place on a parchment-lined small rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Make the dressing. In a blender, combine 4 strawberries, diced, vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Purée until smooth and thickened.
- Assemble the salad. Thinly slice the remaining 8 strawberries, and toss with spinach, pine nuts, and a bit of vinaigrette (you may have some vinaigrette left over).
- Fry the cheese. Heat about 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, or enough to thickly coat the bottom of a small skillet, in a small skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers. Fry the cold goat cheese medallions until golden and crsip, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, using a slotted fish spatula to turn the cheese in the pan. Place on top of the tossed salad, and serve immediately with baguette alongside.
print this recipe