- Kosher salt
- 3/4 pound yam, peeled, in a half-inch dice
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, in strips
- 2 carrots, cut as thinly as possible on an angle
- 2 13.5-ounce cans coconut milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 lime, quartered
Bring a large stockpot of water to boil. Salt the water. Set a timer to 10 minutes. Add the yams. After 5 minutes, add the green beans. When there are 3 1/2 minutes left, add the broccoli. When there are 2 minutes left, add the red pepper and carrots. When the timer goes off, drain the vegetables into a large colander.
Return the stockpot to the stove over medium heat. Add the coconut milk and Thai curry paste (the more curry paste, the more flavor and spice), and whisk to combine. Taste, and season with salt. Once the coconut milk is hot, add the vegetables, and allow them to simmer in the curry for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve over rice.
print this recipe