- 6 ripe avocados, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, finely minced
- Juice from 4 small lemons (about 8 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt or to taste
PROCEDUREIn a large bowl, place the avocadoes, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, serrano, lemon juice, and salt. Stir gently until well combined.
Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Because I am in London, I have to admit that I had to do some substitutions. I couldn't find a serrano chili, so I used a long red unlabeled chili that they had at the supermarket. No white onions, so I used red. No Kosher salt, so I used Maldon. It tasted amazing, so it's a resilient recipe.
print this recipe