- 4 1-inch thick slices of crusty round country bread
- 2 to 3 boxes cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 big handful fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- A dash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons good olive oil
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place the bread on a baking sheet, and toast until golden brown on top. Flip over, and toast on the other side.
In the meantime, toss the tomatoes with all the other ingredients in a large bowl. I serve the toast warm from the oven, with the tomatoes in a big bowl to pile on top. To gild the lily, serve some crumbled goat cheese alongside to sprinkle on top to add some creamy tang.
print this recipe