- 2 ½-pound chicken cutlets, pounded ¼-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ½ fennel, very thinly sliced
- ½ Granny Smith apple, very thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
Preheat your countertop grill to the highest setting. Rub the chicken with the 2 teaspoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken paillards, one at a time, until cooked through—about 4 minutes. Toss the arugula, fennel, apple, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoon olive oil with salt and pepper.
Allow the chicken to cool just slightly, then pile the salad on top of the chicken.
print this recipe