- 4 jumbo soft-shell crabs, prepared by your fishmonger
- 1/2 cup milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 5/8-inch slice of lemon
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Place the crabs in a bowl of milk. Season the flour with the salt and pepper. Lightly dredge the crabs in the seasoned flour.
In a wide skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Place the other two tablespoons of butter in a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Melt the butter, and then continue to gently cook it until the butter solids turn golden brown. Add in the lemon slice and remove from the heat.
Place the crabs in the skillet with the butter and sauté until golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes per side. Arrange on a platter, and pour the lemony butter sauce over the crabs. Garnish with parsley and/or extra lemon wedges.
print this recipe