- 10 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds celeriac, peeled
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon reserved apple juice
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Shred the celery root in a food processor, and add it to the large bowl with the rémoulade sauce. Next, cut the cheeks off the apples, and shred them in the food processor. Squeeze the excess juice out of the apple before adding it to the celery root, and reserve the juice. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved apple juice to the mixture, and toss everything together. This tastes best if it sits covered in the fridge overnight, but you can serve it right away.
print this recipe