- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ pound dry Spanish chorizo, cut into half moons
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1¼ pounds mixed seafood: any combination of large peeled and deveined shrimp, bay scallops, and calamari rings*
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 4 roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced
- 15 pitted Queen olives, halved
- 7 canned artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 huge handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Spanish yellow rice, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a wide, high-sided braising pan over medium heat until the oil shimmers. Add the chorizo, and cook until the red oil has leached out and the chorizo starts to crisp up: 5 minutes. Add the green onions and garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the seafood, from fresh or frozen. Season with salt and pepper, turn the heat to high, and cover. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and the scallops and calamari just turn opaque. About a minute before the seafood is done, stir in the frozen peas, and keep covered.
Stir in the peppers, olives, artichokes, and parsley. Serve with yellow rice!
* You can use fresh or frozen seafood, and you can cook them from fresh or from frozen.print this recipe