- 1 pound whole grain fusilli
- 1/2 pound trimmed haricots verts, halved crosswise
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups organic baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, chopped walnuts, or chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus some extra
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the haricots verts with a little bit of olive oil, S&P on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for the beans are tender and just starting to char–5 to 8 minutes. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. They should be done around the same time. Reserve a cup of the cooking liquid, and drain.
Meanwhile, whiz together the garlic, arugula, basil, nuts, oil, and salt and pepper in a food processor, scraping down the sides as needed, until you have a nice smooth pesto.
Toss the pasta, the haricots verts, and the pesto together in a large bowl, adding pasta water if you need to loosen the sauce. Eat up!print this recipe