- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 Crottins de Chèvre (about 5 ounces total)
- 2 large or 4 smaller slices of good pain au levain, such as Poilâne
- Globe basil or thyme leaves
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- A drizzle of honey, preferably thyme flower!
Preheat the broiler with the oven rack in the top third of the oven. Toss the cherry tomatoes with the olive oil and a good pinch of salt, and spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Broil for 5 to 10 minutes, until they have just begun to soften and char and burse. Pour the tomatoes and their juice into a bowl, and set aside.
Slice each crottin into 4 discs, and arrange them on the bread. Place the bread on a rack inside a rimmed baking sheet, and broil just until the corners of the breads toasts and the cheese softens: 2 minutes. Place the tartines on a plate, and top with the roasted tomatoes and their juice, salt, pepper, leaves of fresh basil and / or thyme, and a very light drizzle of honey. Devour immediately.print this recipe