- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium to large head of radicchio, quartered and cored
- 10 ounces of red and / or green grapes on the stem
- 6 to 8 links of excellent sausage, lightly pierced
- A small bunch of thyme on the stem
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the balsamic in a small pot over medium heat, and leave to simmer and reduce by half.
In a large oven tray, toss the radicchio, grapes, and thyme stems with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread the ingredients to a single layer (I like to group the grapes with the grapes, sausage with sausage, et cetera, for aesthetic reasons, and then scatter the thyme throughout) and roast until the sausage are cooked through, about 25 minutes. As soon as the vinegar has reduced by half, leave it aside to cool and thicken.
To serve, drizzle with as much balsamic glaze as you like, and some fresh olive oil, and cut up some crusty country bread. Bon app!print this recipe